Just started with my BuzzBox and the app. I have a few suggestions that would have made my life a little easier.
- When picking the WiFi network, display if the SSID is 2.4 or 5 Ghz. My router uses the same SSID for both 2.4 and 5 and I’d like to be able to choose one vs. the other.
- When displaying the WiFi data on the app, also display the SSID, 2.4 vs. 5 Ghz, IP Address, MAC Address of the BuzzBox. This also will help troubleshoot connection problems.
- When the BuzzBox is NOT inside a hive, but sitting on my kitchen table, it shouldn’t show the hive as “Healthy”.
Not really software requests, but hardware requests are:
- Option for a longer cable for the Solar Panel. I have a Warre with three boxes and the solar panel doesn’t reach the top.
- Option for a larger or external antenna. I have mine mounted on a Slatted Rack inside the hive, and it can’t connect. OR, at least provide the antenna connector size so an alt antenna can be purchased from another vendor.
- An external LED indicator. It would be nice to be able to see status of the device without having to remove the cover.