OSBeehives App Features Request

Just started with my BuzzBox and the app. I have a few suggestions that would have made my life a little easier.

1. When picking the WiFi network, display if the SSID is 2.4 or 5 Ghz. My router uses the same SSID for both 2.4 and 5 and I’d like to be able to choose one vs. the other.
  2. When displaying the WiFi data on the app, also display the SSID, 2.4 vs. 5 Ghz, IP Address, MAC Address of the BuzzBox. This also will help troubleshoot connection problems.
  3. When the BuzzBox is NOT inside a hive, but sitting on my kitchen table, it shouldn’t show the hive as “Healthy”.

Not really software requests, but hardware requests are:

1. Option for a longer cable for the Solar Panel. I have a Warre with three boxes and the solar panel doesn’t reach the top.
  2. Option for a larger or external antenna. I have mine mounted on a Slatted Rack inside the hive, and it can’t connect. OR, at least provide the antenna connector size so an alt antenna can be purchased from another vendor.
  3. An external LED indicator. It would be nice to be able to see status of the device without having to remove the cover.

Channing,

Thanks for your feedback. We’ve added this to our backlog, and we have plans to address most of them.

Kind regards,

I am setting up my regular hive information in the app. I am unable to add images from my phone album. It looks as though I am only allowed to take a picture. Please allow images to be added from albums on phones. This is especially important for new sign ups if they want to add their backlog Bee journals.

Thanks!

Would be nice to be able to customize the hive. There are many hive types outside there (in Europe even more than in the US): e.g. with only one broodbox, with different numbers of frames in the broodbox - some with 10, others with 12, etc) etc. Look maybe for Dadant - very popular in Europe.

Hi, as a new Buzzbox user a couple of features I would like to see (some mentioned above) would be:

• Photo of hive on main app ‘my hives’ page to make it visually easier and faster to recognise (rather than all hive pictures looking the same)
  • Ability to use the recording feature and attach the results to the hive log (so non-Buzzbox hives can have audio recordings attached to support log entry and be able to use for future diagnoses)
  • having a cached copy of your hives in the app to eliminate the delay in bringing up all the hive data (as the app shows no hives for a few seconds before displaying them all)
  • ability to graph interior and exterior temps in the same y axis
  • graphs to remember your last selection rather than reverting always to hive activity
  • ability to add queen bee nicknames names - rather than the Trinomen name (my be just that hobby bee keepers like me know I have a Italian or Carniolan queens)

Really enjoying my new tool though - so looking forward to future updates :slightly_smiling_face:

We’ve made a note of these items and will process them through our backlog. Cheers.

Good Day!
Thanks for BuzzBox and APP! :slight_smile:
Let’s make a Translation of APP to Russian Language…!!
I’ll assist with translation…! :wink:

I would love to see a web version of the software. So you can log in and see better analysis of data over a longer or short term. Add hive inspection information, photos or videos after the fact. As well as being able to listen to past audio samples that have been automatically taken. Maybe similar to the arnia Web interface? It would also be nice to add a weight scale to the system at some point. You could also add a frame checker that if you take a photo of a frame could analysis the image and suggest bee numbers, locate Queen, spot pollen, honey, larver, drones and give you % between then on a frame or over a whole hive…with all this added data together the ai could advise on… More supers needed, harvest, health, mite problems… Etc one more thing notifications on the mobile app would be good.

where my hives are located doesnt have cell reception. is there a way to use the app anyways. i have a suggestion on recordings. when you use it through your hives page it should keep the files there with a time stamp so its cataloged and i dont have to go back to the recordings.